The Free Book Buggie believes collaboration is key to growing and sustaining strong families and communities. As a volunteer, you play a vital role in that belief. We invite you to be a part of turning reading into a journey of opportunity for all children.
See below for volunteer opportunities including book sorting, community events, and more.
Typical volunteer responsibilities:
- At book sorting:
- Count book donations
- Sort donated books by reading level and category
- Load books into Buggie for upcoming events
- At community events:
- Walk around the event space to encourage children to visit the Buggie
- Assist children in selecting a book that fits their reading level and interests
- Count the number of books given out to children
Looking for more ways to get involved? Check out our opportunities on VolunteerMatch or ask us about open positions on one of our committees!