The Free Book Buggie believes collaboration is key to growing and sustaining strong families and communities. As a volunteer, you play a vital role in that belief. We invite you to be a part of turning reading into a journey of opportunity for all children.
See below for volunteer opportunities including book sorting, community events, and more.
Typical volunteer responsibilities:
- At book sorting:
- Count book donations
- Sort donated books by reading level and category
- Load books into Buggie for upcoming events
- At community events:
- Walk around the event space to encourage children to visit the Buggie
- Assist children in selecting a book that fits their reading level and interests
- Count the number of books given out to children